Thank you for your interest in child welfare and in York Region Children's Aid Society. Due to the high volume
of requests our agency receives, York Region Children's Aid Society is not able to facilitate interviews or tours. Please see
below for information about our agency, and best of luck with your research project!
I need information about York Region Children's Aid Society for a school project.
- We encourage you to explore our website to learn more about us.
- For your convenience, please read on for frequently asked questions and answers, which will help you find the resources and information you may be looking for.
Can I interview a social worker and tour your offices?
- Please note that due to the high volume of requests, York Region Children's Aid Society is not able to provide personal interviews with frontline workers.
- We are not able to offer tours of our facilities.
What services do you provide?
- Please see Our Services to learn more about our mandate to protect children and youth up to age 18 years of age.
How long has York Region Children's Aid Society been operating?
- For information about our history and milestones, please see History of York Region Children's Aid Society.
What is your mission?
- Please see our Mission, Vision, Values + Strategic Plan for further details of our core values, strategic directions and priorities.
Are you a charitable organization?
- York Region Children's Aid Society is funded by the Government of Ontario via the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services.
- York Region Children's Fund is a registered charity that provides financial assistance to support
children in the care of York Region Children's Aid Society, as well as to offer urgent relief programs to York Region Children's Aid Society service recipients.
Where can I find more information about your services and statistics?
- Our latest Annual Report provides an overview of our services and statistics for the past fiscal year.
Where can I get information on reporting and learning more about child abuse and neglect?
Where can I get copies of your brochures?
- To reduce costs and help the environment, we encourage you to download our Brochures and Annual Reports.