WHY WORK FOR US
All new Child Protection Workers are enrolled in an extensive New Worker Training Program.
The New Worker Training Program consists of 9 modules. Ongoing workshops and training
sessions are offered in areas such as Forensic Interviewing, Infants at Risk and Unified
Temporary Assignments and Secondment Opportunities
Opportunities exist for employees to be seconded/reassigned to other positions internally/
externally in order to meet temporary operational needs, and for training, career development
and knowledge transfer.
In order to meet the needs of its employees, the Society provides a comprehensive benefits
package at no cost to the employee.
- Paid Holidays: There are eleven (11) days of holidays for which employees receive full salary.
- Float Days: Employees are eligible for up to five (5) float days in each calendar year.
- Vacation: Employees accrue four (4) weeks of vacation per year.
- Group Insurance and Health and Dental Benefit Plans:
- Extended Health Plan
- Paramedical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic AD&D Insurance
- Private Hospital Coverage
- Health Spending Account
Society employees participate in the Ontario Municipal Employee Retirement System (OMERS),
with employer and employee sharing premiums equally.